Unforgettable accident

Good day everyone!

Today I have a story to share.

Since I got a ski accident during new year period, my left fibula bone (foreleg bone) was fractured and the ligaments were damaged. This happened on the first day when I went to ski with Thai friends at Madarao Kogen, Nagano. I do not really understand why this unluckiness happened to me. The accident was very fast. It was happened on December 27, 2011 at about 4 pm on the last slope which is the intermediate ski trace.`

I told my friends "This is the last for today and then let's go to dinner!!". Also I had never fallen down from ski on that day. I never thought that just one falling, one mistake can cause this serious accident.

Once I bent my body to make right-curved turning, but somehow I could not control and keep my body standing on the ski. Consequently my whole body (~90 kg) was threw down to the ground but unluckily the ski shoe was kept on the stand position. This situation made the ski shoe itself broke my left leg bone.


Since then, I were not able to go anywhere and have been stuck in the apartment for almost 2 months. It was really painful and unforgettable time that I do not want it to be happened again. Now, I still cannot walk without crutches even the splint have been removed already. "You have to do more physical exercise" - doctor said. This maybe the assignment from God to lose my weight.

By the way, I would like to say "本当にありがとうございました" to all teachers and everyone who have supported and helped me on this so far. Thank you to Hosoi-sensei for snacks and noodles, Suga-san for the sweets and curry breads (this is the most delicious curry breads that I've ever eaten in Japan), all M1 and Hashimoto for the delicious Chanko Nabe, and Ahmed, Bu for visiting at my apartment with snacks and fruits. Thank you to all M2. Even they are now very busy (especially Ogiwara), they still makes me laugh and smile.

 Bu and Thai friends

Morimo- me - Ricky - Gucci

Hashimoto - Ricky

Ogiwara with smile??


Chanko Nabe


Today is the first day that I tried to go to the laboratory by train. I realized that the walking distance from my apartment (Minamisenri) to the laboratory is very far. It took about 2 hours in total (4 hours round-trip). The life is not that easy but I have to pass this time for the next upcoming events, JSAP and MRS meeting (and many parties).

このブログの人気の投稿

謝恩会 (3/5)

ドイツ滞在の備忘録 [FAU @Erlangen]